Saturday, August 27, 2011

Please wait while downloading...

This title is inspired not only by the slow internet that we have here in the West Indies, but also the lessons that I have been learning.  The last week has been a time full of the joy and challenges of new places and people.  Making new friends is a joy, but also reminds you of your homesickness as you begin to miss your old friends.  Relationships also always come with the challenge of our selves being involved and seeing the same sins of selfishness, pride and anxiety creep up over and over.

I'm learning that I am someone who not only loves but also a little bit needs my time to reflect and journal in order to maintain my sanity.  I think deeply, sometimes too deeply, but if I go a day without reflecting and praying over those thoughts I can be overwhelmed.  I realize that this effects the people in my life and the way I treat them.  I don't like this about myself.  However, when I feel like God has purposefully surrounded me with people that are completely opposite of me, my challenge is not only to learn to change, but also to appreciate that God has made me me and not want to change just to be like everyone else.

God has given us strengths and weaknesses, and all of it can be used for His glory if we let Him.  I'm learning to wake up every morning and pray through it all, thanking God for everything and trying to remember that He will meet us where we are even while we are still "downloading".


No comments:

Post a Comment