Saturday, August 27, 2011

Updating in Progress

So one of the things that I have been doing with my time is crafting.  I love crafting and decorating.  I like little projects that can be completed in one sitting, because I don't like messes.  So, I'll show you the way that I have quickly and cheaply updated our little studio apartment by using only magazines, tape, scissors string and a little help from Goodwill!

The on-campus apartment that we just moved into was not only small but also very bland.

We took the studio and made it two rooms by moving the wardrobe to the middle.


Thus, creating a bedroom!  Voila!


So the first thing I made with the magazines is posters with word cut-outs.  I've also made word cut-outs that I have hung on string.  It's cute, but not as portable.  


When your limit is paper, the world really is your oyster.  I cut out words, shapes, animals, picture frames and even tried my hand at some 3D paper art!



These are paper roses.  Easy enough!  Cut a square into a spiral and then twist out & tape as necessary. I like them hanging on the wall.  



This paper picture frame I cut out much like a paper snowflake, but I made it a picture frame.



I may or may not have taken the liberty to sketch on the wall.  Don't worry I used pencil, so I'll erase it before I leave!





All of the other decorations were either gifts from our wedding registry or purchased at Goodwill.  I got the tablecloths, curtains and much more from goodwill.


How fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment