Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crab Races and the Sorts

Whenever I've talked to someone from home recently, they've asked me what I've been doing.  Quite frankly, I haven't been doing too much by many people's standards.  But, I'm grateful and glad for a time to be refreshed, relax and soak in the truth of the word through good company and study.  But I also do not want to undervalue the daily chores and errands of cooking, cleaning and supporting those in your life that you love by doing these things and being in prayer for them.  There is no need to be busy, but just a need to seek the Lord, and to be a blessing to Him and to those in your life.  


Today I did a study on forgiveness, by just looking it up in my concordance, and I am in awe of God and the meaning of love to Him.  I didn't dwell too much on how God asks us to forgive in order to be forgiven.  There are many passages in Matthew, Luke and the New Testament, where forgiving and being forgiven closely coincide.  I was reminded today the depth of my sin and Christ's love in forgiving in comparison to what I am seeking to forgive others for.  So, I am singing along with Kim Walker today:  "You are good beyond all measure and my heart longs to bring you pleasure...and all my life I will sing:  God I love you and all you do!...Amazing Grace how sweet the sound."


So, if someone asks me what I've been doing I will tell them cooking, cleaning, reading and watching movies.  I've also been scheming Christmas gifts and fun themed parties.  I've been going to the market and the grocery store and preparing for my classes next week.  And last night I went to a crab race!  Yes, a crab race.  Where people bet on crabs....



This is the crab racing ring!


This  is how the crabs begin! They are numbered with chalk.


And the finish! 



And today I've been enjoying the first overcast day this month...with the window open!






This is my season. To live simply and worship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment