Sunday, September 18, 2011

Harry Potter Party & More Paper Goods

Dear Anxious Paper Inquisitors, 

I have not forgotten my quest to make as many things out of paper as possible.  In fact, quite the opposite has happened.  I have been so busy spending my time making things out of paper, I have blogged little.

This past Friday Emily and I threw a Harry Potter themed party, in honor of the final movie coming out and my husband and her love for the man.  So we made invitations with burned edges and a Hogwarts seal and wrote the invitations in the format of the Hogwarts acceptance letter.  They came out really well!

As far as the party went, we didn't want to exclude non-Harry Potter fans, so we nixed the Harry Potter trivia and played our own version of Quidditch.  We also had themed snacks, decorations and played a non-themed game of fishbowl.  I hope you all know fishbowl, because it's fun.

As for the paper decorations, I'll mostly let them speak for themselves.


1) Our Quidditch field!


2) The supporting houses.


3) The golden snitch!


4 & 5) House banners in the Great Hall.





6) Our food labels.


7) Harry Potter glasses party favor!



8) McGonogall's hat and some kitchen spices re-labeled as potions.


Chocolate cupcakes and homemade caramel :)



Soft pretzels dipped in chocolate with magical ends.


9 & 10) Luna Lovegood's paper glasses and "Quibbler".


11) Hogwart's Poster.


The final result.

My 12th I do not have a picture of, but we put a "Platform 9 3/4" sign on the front door.

So added to the count is 13 (counting the invitation) new things you can make out of paper.  My tip is not to limit yourself at all.  You can do anything with paper, and don't worry if there is writing on stuff. No one really cares! We had a great time and I think we only ended up spending about $10, and we had lots of fun decorations.   We don't really have much of anything to work with here except for scraps and paper, but I'm loving the challenge of decorating on a tight budget!

1 comment:

  1. SO fun!! reminds me of the HP premiere last year and dressing up hogwarts style :) glad you brought the fun to grenada!!

    ReplyDelete