Saturday, September 17, 2011

Raining, raining

This week it has been raining non-stop.  It's been quite wonderful actually!  I love the rain. It's been a huge part of my testimony through God reminding me that He is always with me.  Also, it's been such a wonderful change in our Grenadian routine...well whatever routine I have had so far!  Not that we don't like the sun, but in this heat rain is a wonderful gift!


The rain this week has been torrential: beginning almost in a split second after bright shining skies, then pouring for hours.  The ground here is so dry most of the time that when it starts to rain the water has nothing to permeate into and so everything then also almost instantly floods, and the hills don't help!  But we have had a lot of fun running between buildings and getting drenched.


I've been thinking a lot about what I think God has been speaking to me this week, and I believe that He has been convicting me of the power of prayer.  In bible studies this week we looked at the second half of Ephesians 2, and Matthew 6.  Maybe not as much Eph. 2 being a reminder of prayer, but definitely the fact that we are insufficient to live in love and unity without Him requires prayer in every moment.  Matthew 6 is one of my favorite passages of scripture.  I love how the scripture says, "when you give", "when you pray", "when you fast" then expecting us to take part in these disciplines.  These disciplines require us to feel empty and to give what we have to remember that Christ is all that we need.  He is our treasure here on earth and in heaven.  


So, what does this have to do with prayer?  Everything! Our insufficiencies can magnify Christ if we choose to surrender them to Him, and seek Him in all things.  He has promised that He hears our prayers and He loves us.  


We have also been reading through the bible, and it just so happens that this week we are reading from Daniel, a wonderful book on prayer.  Daniel does not give up prayer for anything, and prays prayers with weeping conviction over the lost nation of Israel imploring for God to restore the glory of Mount Zion!  


We must remember to have expectation in prayers.  Don't pray prayers willy nilly.  Pray prayers knowing our Lord loves you and longs to answer you and He WILL. It takes the faith of a mustard seed.


I would love to update you more on what has been happening this week, and I will tomorrow.  I will add more to the list of things to do with paper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment